Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Family Class Blog

I am trying something new in my Introduction to Family Life class this year: a class blog. Members of the class will report on, and respond to, the syllabus for the class. They will post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, beginning next week. In May, they will be posting on topics of their own choosing in the family field. I am looking forward to the fruits of their labors.

If you have a chance, I think they would be thrilled if you would have a look and make a comment. I find that writing for the world, as I do each day, has helped make my thoughts and writing clearer (I think, so, anyway). I am hoping that blogging will have a similar effect on student writing.

I also believe that the blogosphere is the cutting edge of cultural criticism. There is, of course, a great deal of muck in blog world, but it is also the cultural arena in which new ideas are first tried out. I want to get students to become critical consumers of blogs, as well as contributors to the discussion.

The link to the Family Class Blog is now at the top of the links list for The Gruntled Center. You can find it here. Enjoy.

No comments: