Sunday, March 09, 2008

Catholics Come Home

A Catholic ministry (apostolate) run by American lay people, called Catholics Come Home, has produced some fine commercials now running on television. I particularly commend the one called "Epic." It does, indeed, present the epic sweep of the Catholic Church, both now and historically. They make some astounding claims -- astounding because they are true -- such as "we are the largest charitable organization on the planet"; "we invented the college system"; "we developed the scientific method"; and my favorite, "with the help of the Holy Spirit, we compiled the Bible."

Beat that, proddies.


Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. The video brought tears to my eyes.(51 year old, over weight Roman Catholic white guy)

Edith OSB said...

Thank you, indeed. I think some of the religion classes at my college may benefit from this too.