Saturday, December 17, 2005

Just in Time for Christmas: Hymen Restoration Surgery

"It's the ultimate gift for the man who has everything."

“Women can even redesign the look of their private parts.”

“Ms. Vanegas concedes her business is based on deception. But she says hymen repair is no different than other cosmetic procedures -- from waxing to Botox injections -- that women use to impress men.”

(Yup, I agree with that – though I think I draw the opposite conclusion.)

And the punchline:

"I'm a feminist," Ms. Vanegas says, "but there's a need for this and someone has to provide it."

Happy Shopidays!

(Thanks for Sara Butler Nardo at Family Scholars Blog, who shares my horror.)

2 comments:

SPorcupine said...

The main interests seems to be from engaged women who have some cultural basis to think virginity matters to their fiance or relatives. It's a deception used to avoid an open confrontation with traditional values. I half-understand the reasoning.

The lead is about a wife surprising a husband at a hotel, but I'll allow myself to hope that that part is a very very very rare form of twisted thinking.

Gruntled said...

I agree that "revirgination surgery" just to temporarily have more exciting sex is probably a perversity of a very tiny minority. Of course, the same would have been true of deliberately injecting yourself with botulism toxin a decade ago.